It’s that time of year! Picture Book Idea Month. Generate 30 picture book ideas in the month of November.
Participants who register for PiBoIdMo and complete the 30-idea challenge will be eligible for prizes, including signed picture books, original art, critiques, Skype sessions and feedback from one of ten picture book agents.
This year’s agents are:
- Heather Alexander, Pippin Properties
- Stephen Fraser, Jennifer De Chiara Literary Agency
- Kirsten Hall, Catbird Agency
- Tricia Lawrence, Erin Murphy Literary Agency
- Erin Murphy, Erin Murphy Literary Agency
- Rachel Orr, Prospect Agency
- Ammi-Joan Paquette, Erin Murphy Literary Agency
- Jodell Sadler, Sadler Children’s Literary
- Joanna Volpe, New Leaf Literary & Media, Inc.
- Kathleen Rushall, Marsal Lyon Literary Agency
I’ve taken part of PiBoIdMo since the beginning. I love having a springboard of ideas (some great, others not so much) I can work from year round. (Thank you, Tara!) A helpful hint: I actually use the Notesy app that syncs from my laptop to my phone, so I can jot down ideas wherever I may be. So, good luck!
Here’s to a creative month!